Friday, December 7, 2012

Ross Taylor said he never clicked with new coach Mike Hesson...

English: Ross Taylor at Trent Bridge June 2008
English: Ross Taylor at Trent Bridge June 2008 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

 
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity



Ross Taylor says pulling out of the tour of South Africa was a difficult decision but he did it for the sake of the team and his own sanity.


0
Ross Taylor says being stripped of the New Zealand cricket captaincy was inevitable given his dysfunctional relationship with coach Mike Hesson.
He just didn't think it would happen this quickly.
Taylor said his decision to pull out of the tour of South Africa starting this month and to turn down an offer to remain as Test skipper was difficult but made for the benefit of himself and the team.
Brendon McCullum will lead the Black Caps in all three forms of the game after strained relations between Taylor and Hesson since July reached a very public conclusion on Friday.
An emotional Taylor says he felt like he had received no support from team management since Hesson was appointed to replace John Wright.
"With everything that had happened, I didn't think I was able to give 100 per cent."
Taylor says he and Hesson never clicked.
"After my first meeting with the guy as coach, my dad asked me what I thought. I said `I don't think I'll be in the job longer than 12 months'. I was wrong, it was six months," Taylor said.
"In this job you meet a lot of people and you get vibes. The way he (Hesson) was talking to me and the way he was talking about me, I thought was a bit strange."
Taylor was disappointed Hesson had told him about his captaincy intentions just four days out from the first Test against Sri Lanka last month.
Read more:


NZN

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=158390&fm=psp,tst

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=158389
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins
to help with SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good gains.
If you know of any please share. Thanks!

my page; acoustic guitar a chord